CLUB RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
Members of the Revelstoke Island Club (t/a The Lambay Club) are welcome to visit the private island of Lambay at the Lambay Private Rates. Membership status is subject to approval by the Club Directors, and to agreeing and adhering to the Island Rules, which is our code of conduct. All visits to Lambay Island are also subject to the LEC Terms & Conditions of Rental.
ISLAND CLUB RULES (CODE OF CONDUCT)
1. All Lambay and Club events are subject to the Chatham House Rule, also known locally as the Lambay Rule
2. Never take unsolicited photos of other Islanders, Guests or Island Staff
3. Never share interior or exterior images of Lambay buildings or guests/staff on social media or public sites
4. Be honest, share openly within the group about yourself and be willing to accept others without judgment
5. Look after the island, its historical architecture, furnishings and fittings; its wildlife and natural habitats
6. No hard selling at Club Weekends and Events - this Club is about making real connections, not getting ahead
7. Be generous with advice and guidance for your fellow members; you get what you give
8. Be aware of your impact on those around you as well as your surroundings and the environment
9. Phone use is discouraged during social parts of Club Weekends and other Club events; phones are not permitted at the dining table or in social areas on Lambay after 18:30
10. Be kind and courteous, always.
Revelstoke Island Club (also referred to here as “RIC“, “Club”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our online visitors whilst protecting the information that we collect about them.
We provide the following information to enable visitors to be fully informed and reassured about our privacy policies and to explain what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we may collect from you whilst you visit our site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you for the purpose of providing you with up to date, relevant information about our services that we believe may be of interest to you. You will always have the opportunity to opt out of our communications at any time.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1) information about your use of our site including details of your visits, such as: pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
2) information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you make an enquiry about a service, fill in an enquiry form or subscribe to our mailing list.
3) information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1) to provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services;
2) to provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information;
3) to inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products;
4) disclosing your information.
1) in the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer;
2) where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information;
3) to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of €10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with this information.
The terms ‘RIC’ or ’Lambay Club' or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Lambay Island, Co Dublin, Ireland. Our company registration number is IE 577879. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP RULES & REGULATIONS
All future membership candidates must be at least 21 years of age and are subject to approval at the sole discretion of the Club Directors.
1 Club Name and Organisation
1.1 The name of the club is Revelstoke Island Club Ltd t/a Lambay's Island Club ('the Club').
1.2 The Club is owned and operated by the Revelstoke Island Club, Lambay Island, Co Dublin, Ireland. Registered Company Number IE 577879.
The objectives of the Club are to provide recreational activities and networking opportunities for its Members and Members’ guests in a sociable and sustainable environment.
3 Primary Concepts
3.1 The Club Members ('Members' or 'Islanders') shall be approved by the Club Directors (’the Directors’) on an annual basis.
3.2 The Club does not have its own premises, but has licensed use of Lambay Island located off the East coast of Ireland, in proximity to Howth, Malahide and Rush of County Dublin.
3.3 The Club Directors are responsible for providing the Club with access to Lambay and all necessary facilities for carrying on the Club in accordance with the Objectives of the Club and these Rules and Regulations.
3.4 Membership shall consist of “Members“ and “Membership” shall be construed accordingly.
3.5 The Rules and Regulations shall be applicable to all Members and as appropriate Members’ guests and permitted guests.
4 Details of Membership
4.1 Every candidate for Membership must be at least 21 years of age.
4.2 Proposals for Membership shall be made on the form provided for that purpose by the Club and a valid form of identification is required to verify Membership and eligibility for Membership. Accompanying documents as set out on the website must accompany the completed application form.
4.3 The Club accepts a Contribution from all Members in the form of Money, Skills or Time (or a combination of these three). If the Member elects to make a financial contribution, they become a 'Patron'. The financial contribution must be paid before membership is finalised. Thereafter an annual contribution is payable for each year the Member wishes to renew their Patronage, and is payable on demand. Financial contributions are decided by the Directors and set as a minimum suggestion of €1,000 EUROs, unless a Mixed Contribution (e.g. Money & Skills) has been agreed. Members electing to contribute their Skills become 'Facilitators'; those electing to contribute their Time become 'Ambassadors'. Facilitators and Ambassadors must achieve their annual goals as agreed with the Directors, in order to benefit from access to Lambay via Club events, as well as personal bookings on Lambay at the Private Rates. The Directors' decision shall be final and binding and the Directors will not enter into any correspondence in relation to dispute on these matters.
4.4 The Directors shall have sole discretion as to who shall become a Member of the Club and shall have the right to refuse any application for Membership for any reason without giving any explanation.
4.5 A successful candidate shall be notified of his/her election and shall become a Member of the Club and shall thereafter be entitled to all the benefits and privileges of such Membership.
4.6 All Members agree to be bound by, and to observe at all times, these Rules and Regulations.
4.7 Any omission from, or inaccuracy in, the particulars relating to, or the description of, any candidate for Membership may render the candidate’s election void at the discretion of the Directors.
4.8 Membership is non-transferable.
4.9 Members shall have the right to propose potential candidates for the Directors' consideration. The Directors' decision shall be final and binding and the Directors will not enter into any correspondence or consider any appeals.
4.10 A list of the names and addresses of all Members of the Club must be kept on the Club’s database and produced on demand for inspection by a police officer. By accepting Membership all Members agree to acknowledge that their personal information shall be subject to this and Rule 4.11.
4.11 The Directors reserves the right, in their absolute discretion, to terminate the Membership of any Member for any reason and at any time.
4.12 The name of a Member whose Membership is terminated will be removed from the list of registered Members and he/she will immediately cease to be a Member of the Club.
4.14 Save when Lambay Island is being used for a Private Event, Members may have priority access to book visits during the open season for themselves and their guests.
5.1 Subject to the provisions of these Rules and Regulations, Members may invite guests to Club events and weekends on Lambay who have attained the age of 18 years (unless prior written permission is gained from the Directors), but no Member may bring more than two guests to any one event or weekend.
5.2 Members must provide the full name of their guest(s) and a valid form of identification may be required.
5.3 The Directors reserve the right to admit non-members as their guests at their sole discretion.
5.4 The following may not be admitted as guests to the Club events or weekends:
5.4.1 former Members who have been expelled;
5.4.2 persons who, having applied for Membership, have been rejected;
5.4.3 persons who are under 18 years old; and
5.4.4 Members who are under suspension.
6 Conduct of Members
6.1 The Directors, or any person(s) designated by the Directors, shall have the right to refuse any Member access to the Club events and weekends.
6.2 All Members and guests are required to maintain an acceptable standard of behaviour in the Club. The Directors' decision on what is acceptable shall be final and binding.
6.3 The Directors may require any Member infringing these Rules and Regulations to leave the Club event or Lambay’s premises immediately and his/her Membership may be withdrawn as detailed in Rule 9 below.
7 Expulsion of Members
7.1 The Directors, or any Club manager/employee so authorised by the Directors, may expel from any event (and subsequently terminate or suspend from Membership for a specific period) any Member whose conduct inside or outside a Club event, in the opinion of the Directors or Club Ambassadors, or such Club manager/employee, might be injurious to the character or interests of the Club or render them unfit to associate with Members or if any Member should wilfully remove, destroy or damage any item, article or property belonging to the Club or to Lambay Estate Company (‘LEC’), another Member, or a guest, while at a Club event or weekend.
7.2 For the avoidance of doubt, the following (non-exhaustive) list of behaviour or offences will lead to the immediate expulsion of a Member from the Club events and may lead to suspension or termination of their Membership:
• Violent, abusive or intimidating conduct
• Sexual, racial or any other form of discrimination, harassment or bullying towards any other Member or employee of the Club or LEC
• Rudeness or bad language to a Member or an employee of the Club / LEC
• Any action likely to bring the Club into disrepute
• Serious insubordination under the influence of alcohol
• Deliberate damage to Club / LEC property
• Illegal gaming or betting at a Club event / on Lambay
• Any action, within or outside any Club event, likely to cause a disturbance to residents in neighbouring properties
7.3 Before a Member is suspended or his/her Membership terminated, the alleged offender's conduct shall be inquired into and the person involved shall be given the opportunity to defend himself/herself and to justify or explain his/her behaviour.
7.4 Having inquired into the events, if the Directors are of the opinion that the Member is guilty of such conduct as mentioned above and has failed to justify or explain it satisfactorily, the Directors may either suspend or terminate the Membership of the offender at their discretion.
8 General Rules
8.1 The Club shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no Member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of their sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, colour or ethnic origin.
8.2 Nothing in these Rules and Regulations shall be deemed to exclude the Club’s liability for death and/or personal injury arising out of any negligent or unlawful act by the Club.
8.3 All property brought to a Club event or to the LEC premises by any Member or his/her guest shall be at the sole risk of the person bringing such property onto the premises and neither the Directors, the Club Ambassadors nor any employee or agent of the Club shall be liable for any loss or damage to any such article, howsoever occasioned.
8.5 Members agree to keep all passwords, user names, and/or any other identifying information used on or in connection with the Club and/or its web site (the “Access Profile”) private and secure. The Access Profile is strictly personal and may not be shared with or disclosed to any other party. Members understand that the Access Profile is confidential and that they will be held responsible for any damage caused through use of the Access Profile by any unauthorised person.
9 Alteration of rules
These Rules and Regulations may be revoked, supplemented or altered by the Directors at any time. Any such revocation, alteration or addition shall be deemed to have been brought to the notice of Members provided that a copy thereof is prominently displayed on the Club’s official website www.islandclub.co
The Club may be dissolved by the Directors at any time.
11.1 Any dispute or difference which may arise in respect of these Rules and Regulations and/or in relation to Membership or operation of the Club shall be determined by the Directors, whose decision shall be final and binding on all Members.
All Rights Reserved © 2020 Revelstoke Island Club Ltd