Revelstoke Island Club (also referred to here as “RIC“, “Club”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our online visitors whilst protecting the information that we collect about them.
We provide the following information to enable visitors to be fully informed and reassured about our privacy policies and to explain what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we may collect from you whilst you visit our site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you for the purpose of providing you with up to date, relevant information about our services that we believe may be of interest to you. You will always have the opportunity to opt out of our communications at any time.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1) information about your use of our site including details of your visits, such as: pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
2) information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you make an enquiry about a service, fill in an enquiry form or subscribe to our mailing list.
3) information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1) to provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services;
2) to provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information;
3) to inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products;
4) disclosing your information.
1) in the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer;
2) where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information;
3) to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of €10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with this information.
The terms ‘RIC’ or ’Lambay Club' or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Lambay Island, Co Dublin, Ireland. Our company registration number is IE 577879. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
LAMBAY RETREAT & CLUB WEEKEND BOOKINGS
LAMBAY RULES (CODE OF CONDUCT)
The following Island Rules must be read and adhered to when visiting Lambay, whether for a day trip or a residential stay:
Never board a transfer to or from Lambay in an intoxicated state
Be wary and respectful of livestock, in particular BULLS, on the island
Conserve water where possible (sourced from our own natural spring)
Beware of crumbly cliffs and strong tides - seek advice before swimming
Remove outdoor shoes when inside the Castle, Whitehouse or Cottages
Refrain from posting any photographs or videos of people or buildings online for public view (interior photography is strictly prohibited)
Always take your mobile phone when out walking, and inform someone if you intend to go walking alone
Be careful with sewage waste - flush nothing but organic matter and loo roll; sanitary bags and bins are provided
Do not smoke inside; smoking pots are provided outdoors near buildings
Recycle clean rubbish where possible using our labelled recycling systems
Beware of falling branches in wooded areas during high winds
Stay well away from Danger Zones including the farm buildings and the two derelict hill cottages (please also refrain from taking photos of these areas)
Respect the privacy of other guests and residents on the island; in particular do not take any unsolicited photographs of the island guests or staff without their permission
In an emergency, do not call 999 or 112 - contact a resident or member of Lambay staff immediately
BOOKING DEPOSIT & PAYMENTS
To secure your place on a residential Lambay Retreat or Club Weekend, a non-refundable booking deposit must be paid at the time of booking and the balance 6 weeks prior to the retreat commencement date.
Your place on the retreat/weekend is only secured once the relevant payment has been made and you receive a booking confirmation from us by email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of reserving your place and paying the deposit, please email
For the smooth running of the retreats/weekends, we ask you to honour your commitment. However, if a change to your booking can not be avoided for genuine reasons the following policies apply:
If your cancellation is made 6 weeks or more prior to your booked retreat/weekend start date, we reserve the right to retain 20% of the ticket price unless your space is filled by another paying guest, in which case we will refund the full amount to you.
If your cancellation is made between 3 and 6 weeks prior to your booked retreat/weekend start date the following options apply:
You can transfer your ticket to a friend. Please email and let us know the name, email address and contact number of the person who will be taking your place.
You can transfer to another retreat/weekend within the calendar year; if the new retreat/weekend is more expensive the balance will be owed and should be paid when the change is being made. If the new retreat/weekend is less expensive the balance will be refunded to you. Please email and let us know which retreat/weekend you would like to transfer to.
You can accept a 50% refund of your payment and release your space on the retreat/weekend.
If the cancellation is made less than 3 weeks before the booked retreat/weekend, no transfer or changes can be made to the booking.
If you cancel your retreat/weekend you must do so by email to informing us of the cancellation and the reason for cancellation. The date of cancellation will be counted from the receipt date of the email (the date the email is received by us).
If you cannot make the retreat/weekend due to weather conditions, i.e. natural circumstances which are outside of our control, storms, high winds, snow, flight cancellations, etc, we regret that we will not be able to offer you a refund nor can we transfer to you to another retreat/weekend. The event will still go ahead for those that can travel and all costs of rent, staff, food, etc, still need to be paid. We thank you for your understanding.
CHANGE TO OR CANCELLATION OF A RETREAT/WEEKEND
If we are forced to change the retreat/weekend dates or cancel a retreat/weekend for circumstance within our control, you can choose to transfer to another retreat/weekend or you can opt for a refund.
If we are forced to cancel a retreat/weekend due to a natural disaster or weather conditions beyond our control, i.e. weather conditions such as flooding, drought, snow, storms, high winds affecting boat transfers, etc, or disruption to power, a refund will not be given, however the retreat/weekend will be postponed and a new retreat/weekend date will be set and your booking will be transferred to the new date.
RIC recommends that you obtain travel insurance cover to protect against any eventuality.
The retreat price includes all meals, accommodation, facilitator workshops, sessions, etc. Boat transfers to/from Lambay at the beginning and end of the retreat are usually included, unless specifically stated otherwise.
PHOTOGRAPHY & SOCIAL MEDIA
One of the reasons you chose to come to the retreat was that you saw photographs on social media or on the website of great food and guests enjoying workshops and other activities. The retreat would not look the same if we didn’t include our guests in the photographs. On some retreats, photographs will be taken to share with the guests and to use for promotional purposes. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and by attending the retreat, guests are agreeing to allow photographs to be taken of themselves during workshops, sessions, meal times and other activities on the retreat. Further, guests agree to these images being used by the RIC and Lambay Estate Company in any and all promotional uses and in perpetuity. Of course, we use our discretion while taking photos and the photography is not intrusive. We also use discretion when choosing the photographs which we use for promotional purposes.
Conversely, we attempt to keep all media coverage of our retreats/weekends to a very high standard. Therefore we politely request that you do not post any of your own photos on social media while attending any of our retreats/weekends. This is also to protect the privacy of other attendees on the retreats/weekends, and to adhere to the strict Lambay Island media policy, which does not permit any photos of the buildings (exterior or interior) or people on Lambay to be posted on any social media or public platforms.
All Rights Reserved © 2018 Revelstoke Island Club